Saturday, January 8, 2011

Unit 7 Exercise, Meeting Asciepius

The individual that I have the utmost respect and admiration for is my grandmother who passed away when I was 15. She was not only the person that helped guide me to who I am today, but she understood me like nobody else. This exercise really allowed me to focus my thoughts and cleanse and purify my thinking to where I really felt as if I was being mentored by my grandmother once again.

As each beam of light was being introduced, I could actually see my grandmother standing there and feel her overwhelming presence. The beam pierced my thoughts and cleansed my mind and allowed me to feel the wisdom of my grandmother. I was able to feel all the wisdom of the past that my grandmother had given me. I felt very relaxed and very in touch with my grandmother and what she was trying to convey to me. It brought back some extremely loving memories and thoughts that I haven't felt in a very long time.

The saying "One cannot lead another where one has not gone himself" means that how can we as wellness professionals possibly teach somebody about integral health and how to achieve integral wellness if we have not traveled and experience the path that they are currently going down. If we have not pursued our own integral wellness within our own life, then how can we possibly teach someone else how to achieve such?

As a wellness professional, I believe that we have an obligation to our clients to develop all aspects of our integral health, to include, psychologically, physically, and spiritually. In order for us to experience and gain knowledge to where we can lead others down the same path that we have gone, we must strive to better our integral health.

I feel that I can implement psychological and spiritual growth within my own personal life by practicing kindness and gentleness towards others. This is something that I have always believed in and have always practiced. By practicing kindness and gentleness, I will be able to touch the lives of others which in turn will enhance my life and all aspects of my integral health.

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment